Monday, February 5, 2007

My One And Only Chance to (not) Hear and See the Great Oscar Peterson

Music Review: Oscar Peterson - Perfect Peterson: The Best of the ... - Blogcritics.org

Years ago, I had tickets to see one of the greatest jazz pianists of all time - Oscar Peterson - perform in Cincinnati.  A last-minute illness kept him from performing, and Hubert Laws filled in - not a bad concert, but NOT Oscar.  I should have done more to track down his performances later, but, sadly, I did not.

What a man, teacher, and performer.  The guy is nearly a god to me.

Looks like I'll need to check out this new compilation of some of his work, along with his recently released book.  More info at his website at:

http://www.oscarpeterson.com/

Music Review: Oscar Peterson - Perfect Peterson: The Best of the ...
Blogcritics.org, OH - 3 hours ago
Somewhere on the 88-key continuum between the frenetic intensity of Art Tatum and the artful emotion of Bill Evans lies the perfect jazz pianist. ...

technorati tags:, , ,

No comments: